Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Forest Gate family breaks silence over terror raid - Britain - Times Online

How, precisely, does the conduct of the police during this raid differ from that of a Gestapo or a KGB?

Since reading this account, I have been asking myself how I should have behaved, if the police broke into my home in this way. I would previously have been inclined - if I heard someone break in - to investigate. That is what these two young men did - only for one of them to be shot without warning in circumstances where he could easily have died.

Should we then lie still in our beds if we hear such a disturbance, for fear that it may be Ian Blair's brave boys on an erroneous mission? What exactly does the Blair Police State require of us?

Forest Gate family breaks silence over terror raid - Britain - Times Online

1 comment:

Bag said...

That's an easy one to answer. In the UK they speak English and in germany and Russia they speak foreign. Besides that they are identical.